Today, we announced the release of Ipswitch Failover, a new MOVEit Managed File Transfer module that delivers zero data loss, no single point of failure and maximized availability through fast failover. Ipswitch Failover enables IT teams to provide highly available continuous file transfer operations and safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance with a simplified, easy to implement solution.
With Ipswitch Failover, businesses can:
- Ensure high availability, continuous file transfers for 24x7 operations: Maximize file transfer success of business critical and sensitive data. Failover within a single datacenter, or to remote disaster recovery sites within seconds or minutes. Predictive and automated rule-based failover ensures continuous operations.
- Safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance: Heartbeat communication between primary and failover servers allows for zero data loss in the event of failure. No single point of failure delivers 24x7 operations for MOVEit File Transfer (DMZ) and MOVEit Central servers.
- Quickly implement automated failover: Implement failover in as little as an hour for local failover. No additional hardware and software for load balancing is required. Predictive and automated rules-based failover ensures continuous operations.
Key features of Ipswitch Failover include:
- Real-time replication of data to a ‘hot-standby’ failover server to ensure file transfer services are always available.
- Failover rules monitor performance metrics on production servers and can perform switchover to a ‘hot-standby’ before downtime.
- Automated failover with Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) of less than a minute and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) of seconds.
- No single point of failure nor load balancing hardware of software required.
- Automatically monitor MOVEit File Transfer Server (DMZ) and MOVEit Central application health in real-time to identify and fix problems before they result in downtime.
- Site-to-site (or on-site) failover to keep businesses running 24x7.
>> For more information about Ipswitch Failover please visit: http://www.ipswitchft.com/moveit-managed-file-transfer/file-transfer-failover.
>> And be sure to engage with us next month during the Ipswitch Innovate 2015 User Summit, a two-day (October 21-22) online event for IT pros to learn from each other and our product experts.