Several updates for MOVEit folks today.
First, if you haven't already done so, please sign on to Linkedin and connect with:
- Me: http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=9278506&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro Since I wrote the first editions of MOVEit software way, way back in 2002, direct customer feedback has been key and I've love to connect with you on Linkedin.
- The "File Transfer Technology Group": http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2160411&trk=anet_ug_hm
- The "Managed File Transfer Group": http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=138445&trk=anet_ug_hm
Second, I promised to post some of the results of the survey taken by over 100 MOVEit server administrators last month.
- 99% of you would "recommend MOVEit" and 95% of you continue to use it for new projects.
- Over 50% of you took time to write in about the excellent support you get from MOVEit Support Manager Kevan Bard and his team. Thank you for the accolades - we'll work to ensure great support is available forever.
- Over 50% of you said that a web interface on MOVEit Central and combined MOVEit DMZ and MOVEit Central reporting should be a "high" development priority.
- Over 50% of you listed "data loss protection" (DLP) as a "high" development priority.
- Your most pressing OS concern was "64-bit support", beating out other selections like "Virtual Appliance" and "Linux" (in that order).
Finally, the second-most popular "content" feature in that survey was "extract, transform and load" (ETL). This is a modern title for the file transformation, manipulation, splitting, merging and extraction plus a management layer to define the transformation maps. If you want to contact me (via Linkedin or other methods), I would love to hear how you do this today or how you might see this working with our software in the future.