The responsibility for safeguarding sensitive company information and securely transferring it falls on the already stretched thin IT departments. Luckily, there are many options available for IT when it comes to file transfer. Email, FTP, USB drives and EFSS services like Dropbox to name more than a few. Yet none are as secure or cost-effective as managed file transfer (MFT).
MFT gives IT teams the agility they need to respond faster to business needs. All this while reducing time and resources required for file transfer operations. Here are five ways MFT makes IT better at their job:
- Secure and reliable transfers lift the burden from IT professionals. MFT provides a single-source solution with built-in security and encryption capabilities. This means all file transfers – whether they are process-to-process, person-to-process or process-to-person – are guaranteed to be protected.
- Out-of-the-box solutions free up valuable time and space. A MFT system offers out-of-the-box solutions that can easily be integrated into an existing IT infrastructure. Implementing a turn-key solution means that file transfer can be managed by less experienced IT administrators.
- Streamlined automation improves IT productivity. Many file transfers are initiated on a recurring basis. IT teams can get bogged down confirming transfers to meet SLAs. The automation that comes with MFT promptly pushes data to the right person at the right time. This means that the IT team doesn’t have to think twice and can remain focused on other tasks.
- It’s IT friendly and eliminates errors. MFT incorporates admin, end-user access, analytics and reporting, and automation and workflow. This helps IT teams avoid tedious manual tasks that can lead to errors. Not to mention protection against a security breach via integration with important things like encryption and data loss prevention.
- Predictable reporting improves visibility and offers support for IT professionals. For regulated businesses (banks, hospitals, etc.), in-depth reporting is a critical need for file transfer systems. A MFT system incorporates reporting capabilities that ensure firms adhere to strict compliance regulations and are able to provide accurate data in the case of an audit – and fast.
Since businesses run on data, the transfer of data is the heart of today’s organizations – and with a solid MFT system, IT teams know that all data is protected while in transit and at rest.
>> Check out "Simple & Secure File Transfer: 5 Ways to Make it Work for You" to learn more about how we help IT teams with managed file transfer.